advertisement
Filtered By: News
News

Olongapo teen suffers first-degree burns after cellphone overheats


A teenager in Olongapo City suffered first degree burns on her thigh after her cellphone overheated while in her pocket, QRT reported on Tuesday.

The female student was attending her class when she felt her phone heating up in her pocket, the report said.

When the phone began emitting smoke, the student was forced to take the garment off her to avoid further injury.

However, the phone had already burned a hole in her pocket and given her first degree burns on the side of her right thigh.

According to the teenager, it was not the first time such incident happened with the same phone.

Her mother is contemplating on filing a complaint against the maker of the phone with the Department of Trade of Industry. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News

Tags: olongapocity
LOADING CONTENT