Authorities have yet to find evidence showing Tuesday night's deadly blast in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat, was the handiwork of international terrorist group ISIS or Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
"Hindi pa po tayo nagko-confirm nito dahil wala pa po tayong [nakukuha] diyan, regarding dun sa pag-ako nila," said Isulan police chief Superintendent Celestino Daniel on Wednesday in an interview on Unang Balita.
The casualties climbed to two dead and 37 injured, with one in critical condition, on Wednesday.
"So far po, 'yun dun sa signature, 'di pa po tayo makapag-speculate, hindi pa po [complete] 'yung investigation ng ating CPPO with regards dun sa signature ng ISIS po," Daniel said.
The blast occurred despite government troops being on red alert amid constant threats from ISIS-inspired groups in Mindanao and due to the martial law declaration of President Rodrigo Duterte covering the entire region.
Army 6th Infantry Division commander Captain Arvin Encinas said whoever perpetrated the attack may have been targeting security forces providing security at the Hamungaya festival.
"Lalo pa nating pinapaigting yung ating security measures. Dito po sa bayan natin, lalong may festival dito, ay nalusutan po tayo ng ganitong terrorist po," Daniel said. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News