PAGASA said five dams in Luzon continued to release water on Sunday after Typhoon Ompong (international name: Mangkhut) dumped heavy rains on Saturday.
These dams are Ipo Dam in Bulacan, Ambuklao and Binga Dams in Benguet, San Roque Dam in Pangasinan, and Magat Dam in Isabela, according to a News TV Live report.
The water from Ambuklao Dam goes to Binga Dam.
From Binga Dam, the water flows into the San Roque Dam, and in turn to the Agno River.
As of 6 a.m. Sunday, the following dams had their gates open, according to PAGASA:
- Ipo Dam: one gate open at 0.3 meters
- Ambuklao Dam: eight gates open at 8 meters
- Binga Dam: six gates open at 9.5 meters
- San Roque Dam: two gates open at 8 meters
- Magat Dam: one gate open at 2 meters
—KG, GMA News