advertisement
Filtered By: News
News

Potential suicide bombers still in Mindanao, says WestMinCom


Four Indonesian women who might carry out suicide bomb attacks in the country remain free in Mindanao, the chief of the Armed Forces Western Mindanao Command said on Wednesday.

According to Chino Gaston’s report on “24 Oras", WestMinCom commander Major General Corleto Vinluan said they are the children of the suicide bombings carried out by a couple at the Jolo cathedral in early 2019.

“May apat na Indonesians kasi na nandito pa. ‘Yung anak ng suicide bombers, ‘yung couple na nag-suicide bombing no’ng last year January,” Vinluan said.

The four women are with the Abu Sayyaf Group led by Mundi Sawadjaan.

Authorities are also looking for the daughter of an Egyptian suicide bomber who launched an attack in Indanan, Sulu last year.

“Ito ‘yung pamilya na pumunta sa Syria tapos pinauwi sila, ni-repatriate sila, bale sa Indonesia, tapos nag-backdoor ata ng entry nila dito sa Jolo,” Vinluan said.

Professor Rommel Banlaoi said the possible suicide bombers were being hunted in Sulu and Southern Mindanao.

“It’s really a cause for alarm kasi the phenomenon of suicide terrorism in the Philippines has become frequent and it has involved families already,” Banlaoi said.

Meanwhile, the Joint Task Force Sulu earlier identified the suspects behind twin explosions that killed at least 15 people and wounded 75 others in Barangay Walled City on Monday.

“In the case of yesterday, we can consider it as conjugal suicide terrorism also because that involved Norman Lasuca and the wife,” Banlaoi said.

The Philippine Army and Philippine National Police have since called for a Sulu-wide martial law following the blasts. -NB, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT