Filtered By: Pinoyabroad
Pinoy Abroad

7-year-old Pinay dies in Kuwait after eating fried chicken ordered online


A seven-year-old Filipina died in Kuwait after eating food ordered online, according to Vonne Aquino's report on Unang Balita on Tuesday, citing the child's parents.

Zara Louise Lano died on March 21, a day after eating fried chicken they ordered online from a fast food chain.

"Habang kumakain kami, nagko-complain ako sa kanila, sabi ko parang hindi na maganda kasi yung chicken. Parang masyado nang oily, parang ininit na lang," said Faye Lano, the child's mother.

Though they stopped eating the chicken, the family started feeling unwell and went to a hospital on the wee hours of March 21.

After several hours, Zara and Faye were discharged while Dax, the father, and the couple's eldest son, Sigfried, remained confined.

"Okay yung X-ray nila, okay yung vitals nila, nag-decide po yung ospital na i-discharge sila," said Dax, referring to Zara and Faye.

On the same day, however, Zara and Faye once again experienced LBM and nausea. They returned to the hospital and Faye was put on  intensive care unit. Unfortunately, Zara was pronounced dead on arrival.

Zara's death certificate cited acute failure of blood circulation and respiration and septic shock as cause of her death.

Zara's remains have already been repatriated to the Philippines and have undergone re-autopsy. The family is now appealing for justice for her death.

If it is proven that Zara died from food poisoning, the family said they would file a case against the fast food chain and the hospital that they said wrongly diagnosed their condition.

Zara was buried in San Jose Del Monte in Bulacan. The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has yet to issue a statement regarding the issue. --KBK, GMA News