Filtered By: Pinoyabroad
Pinoy Abroad

How to register for Overseas Absentee Voting

Away from the Philippines on vacation or for work-related reasons during the May 2019 midterm elections? There's still a way for Filipinos to vote outside the Philippines, thanks to the Overseas Absentee Voting system.


Overseas Filipinos may register for OAV by approaching the nearest consulate, embassy, mobile or field registration booth, Phillipine Overseas Labor Office, or in the case of sea-based Filipinos, akyat-barko initiatives.

Registrants must have their passport and, if sea-based, a photocopy of their seaman's book. Dual citizens also require valid IDs and certificates of their Filipino citizenship.

Those who will be out of the country from April 13 to May 13 may also register for OAV at the nearest Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and Commission on Election (Comelec)-approved  overseas registration centers.

The registration period started on December 1 last year and will end on September 30, 2018. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News