Three areas remain under Signal No. 4 as Typhoon Karding crossed to the province of Tarlac and head towards northern Zambales, PAGASA said in its latest weather bulletin.
In its 2 a.m. update, it said the center of the eye of the typhoon was in the vicinity of Mayantoc, Tarlac, packing maximum sustained winds of 140 km/h near the center, gustiness of up to 230 km/h, and central pressure of 935 hPa.
Zambales and Bataan will experience heavy to intense with at times torrential rains.
Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains will be felt over Metro Manila, Tarlac, Pampanga, Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, the western portion of Batangas, and northern portion of Occidental Mindoro.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rains will be experienced over the rest of Central Luzon, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Laguna, the rest of Batangas, Oriental Mindoro, and the rest of Occidental Mindoro.
Storm Signal No. 4 remained hoisted over the following areas:
- The northern and central portion of Zambales (Santa Cruz, Candelaria, Masinloc, Palauig, Iba, Botolan, Cabangan, San Felipe, San Marcelino, San Narciso)
- The southern portion of Pangasinan (Bautista, Alcala, Bayambang, Mangatarem, Urbiztondo, Aguilar, Bugallon, Infanta, Dasol, Burgos, Mabini, Labrador)
- The western portion of Nueva Ecija (Cuyapo, Nampicuan, Guimba, Licab, Zaragoza, San Antonio, Talugtug, Lupao, San Jose City, Science City of Muñoz, Talavera, Santo Domingo, Aliaga, Cabanatuan City, Santa Rosa, Jaen, San Leonardo, San Isidro, Cabiao, Peñaranda, City of Gapan, General Mamerto Natividad, Llanera, Quezon)
- The northwestern portion of Bulacan (San Miguel, San Ildefonso, San Rafael, Baliuag, Pulilan, Calumpit, Hagonoy, City of Malolos, Paombong, Plaridel, Guiguinto, Bustos)
- The rest of Zambales
- The northern portion of Bataan (Dinalupihan, Hermosa, Orani, Samal, Morong, Abucay, City of Balanga, Bagac, Pilar)
- The rest of Pangasinan
Signal No. 2:
- Metro Manila
- The central and southern portions of Aurora (Dingalan, San Luis, Maria Aurora, Baler, Dipaculao)
- The southern portion of Quirino (Nagtipunan)
- Nueva Vizcaya
- La Union
- The rest of Nueva Ecija
- The rest of Bulacan
- The rest of Bataan
- The northern portion of Quezon (General Nakar, Infanta)
- The western portion of Laguna (Santa Maria, City of Calamba, Cabuyao City, City of Biñan, City of Santa Rosa, City of San Pedro), Cavite
- Northwestern portion of Batangas (City of Tanauan, Talisay, Laurel, Tuy, Nasugbu, Lian)
Signal No. 1:
- Mountain Province
- Ilocos Sur
- The rest of Quezon
- The northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Paluan, Abra de Ilog, Mamburao, Santa Cruz) including Lubang Islands
- The northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, City of Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Pola, Socorro, Pinamalayan)
- The rest of Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Burias Island
PAGASA said that storm signals are expected to be lowered or lifted in the succeeding bulletins as Karding further weakens and moves across Central Luzon.
Karding is forecast to emerge over the West Philippine Sea via the coastal waters of Zambales or Pangasinan in the next three hours. Afterwards, the typhoon will continue tracking generally westward over the West Philippine Sea towards Vietnam for the remainder of the forecast period.
On the track forecast, it will exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility Monday night.
The next tropical cyclone bulletin will be issued at 5:00 a.m., PAGASA said.—LDF, GMA News