The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Monday said it will close on Monday, Dec. 7 the U-turn slot on EDSA near General Malvar Street in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City.
"Isasara ang U-turn slot na malapit sa General Malvar/Bagong Barrio (northbound going southbound) simula Lunes, December 7, 2020," MMDA said in a post on Facebook.
The MMDA said motorists on the northbound lane intending to make a U-turn may take the Monumento Circle.
It said the closure of the U-turn slots on EDSA is part of the agency's efforts to make commute time faster for those using the EDSA Carousel Buses.
The MMDA appealed to motorists for understanding and cooperation.
In September, the agency said it will close 13 U-turn slots on EDSA to make way for the designated bus lane.
MMDA spokesperson Celine Pialago said the 13 U-turn slots are located in four cities — Caloocan, Quezon, Makati, and Pasay.
The closing of all U-turn slots along EDSA will be completed by December, MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia said.
The following EDSA U-turn slots have already been closed:
- Balintawak Market U-turn slot in front of BPI bank
- Kaingin Road U-turn slot in front of Nissan
- Congressional LRT Station U-turn slot in front of PANORAMA
- Corregidor intersection / Bansalangin U-turn slots
- U-turn slots in front of Quezon City Academy
- North Avenue U-turn slots before MRT North Avenue Station
- Oliveros Drive U-turn slot
—KG, GMA News