Metropolitan Manila Development Authority general manager Jojo Garcia said the 10-person limit for church gathering should be followed in compliance with the order of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
In a Palace briefing on Thursday, Garcia said the policy for the general community quarantine (GCQ) status of the National Capital Region (NCR) was studied by some experts in the IATF.
“Ang stand lang natin kung ano 'yung original GCQ, which pinag-aralan naman ng IATF 'yan, experts 'yan, kung baga we respect the decision of the IATF,” he said.
Garcia made the statement when asked about the concern of Manila Archdiocese Apostolic Administrator Bishop Broderick Pabillo in allowing only 10 persons in church while more are allowed in restaurants with smaller space.
“Kaya po sila nag-design ng ganyang GCQ, because ang pinanggalingan modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ)...We need to follow what's the original GCQ,” Garcia said.
However, Garcia added that Metro Manila mayors are willing to adjust in case the IATF amends the protocols, noting that the community quarantine could still downgrade into more relaxed restrictions.
Business establishments that were previously closed when Metro Manila reverted to MECQ resumed operations with the GCQ implementation on Wednesday.
The Department of Trade and Industry allowed dine-in services of restaurants and other food establishments at 50% capacity.
But, the government reimposed the 10-person limit on religious gatherings under GCQ areas, from the previous limit of up to 10% of the venue’s capacity. —LBG, GMA News