A two-year-old child in Quezon City died due to electrocution after inserting a spoon into an electrical outlet, GMA News' Mai Bermudez reported on Saksi's Monday edition.
Jake Angara's mother, Eloisa, narrated she prepared milk for her child. She then left the spoon she used on a place that is out of reach of the child.
"Noong bubuksan ko na ang pintuan may pumutok. Kinabahan ako, pero akala ko may nalaglag lang or what," Eloisa said.
"Napasigaw ang asawa ko, ang sabi niya lang, si Jake na-ground," she added.
She rushed Jake to the hospital where the medical staff tried to revive the child. But the child died.
The spokesperson for Meralco said steps can be taken to avoid similar accidents from happening.
"Maaari talagang maaksidente 'pag 'yan ay kinalikot or kapag may object na bakal na in-insert o kaya iyong daliri, inilagay mismo sa opening ng outlet, said Joe Zaldarriaga.
"Kung hindi naman po kailangan ng extension huwag na po tayo gagamit po niyan sapagkat hindi rin po ganoon ka-safe," he added.
The Angara family is requesting for financial assistance.
Jake Angara is set to be buried on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. -- BAP, GMA News