MMDA announces road closure, one-way traffic in Mandaluyong on Thursday
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Wednesday announced road closure and one way traffic in several areas in Mandaluyong connection with the city's 78th Liberation and 29th Cityhood anniversary.
In an advisory, the MMDA said Kalentong street, in front of Don Bosco Technical College in Mandaluyong City, will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. for a commemorative program at Kalentong Liberation Marker on Thursday.
Motorists were advised to take Lubiran Bridge-Bagumbayan, Bacood.
It also said that one-way traffic will be implemented going to Sta. Ana from Shaw Boulevard from 12 noon to 3 p.m. for a parade and grand motorcade.
In a separate advisory, the Mandaluyong City public information office said the parade will start from Don Bosco-Kalento to Shaw Boulevard, right to Bonifacio street, left to A Luna street, left to Aglipay goind to Boni Avenue, right to P. Cruz, left to F. Blumentritt, left to private road, left to Pantaleon, left to Barangka Drive, cross Boni Avenue, straight to DM Guevarra, right to Calbayog, cross DM Guevarra, right to Fernandez, straight to Nueve de Pebrero, left to Martinez Avenue, right to San Rafael, left to Boni Avenue, right to Maysilo Circle.
Motorists were also advised to take the following alternate routes:
- Vehicles coming from Sta. Ana, Manila going to Shaw Blvd., San Juan, Sta. Mesa Manila should take Lubiran Bridge, Bacood Manila;
- Vehicles coming from Shaw Blvd., San Juan, Sta. Mesa going to Sta. Ana, Manila should take Shaw Boulevard, Bagumbayan, Lubiran Bridge, Bacood, Manila;
- Vehicles coming from Boni Aglipay going to Shaw Blvd., San Juan, Sta. Mesa Manila should take Lubiran Bridge, Bacood, Manila;
- Vehicles coming from Shaw Blvd. Manila going to Shaw Blvd, Pasig, or EDSA should take Shaw Boulevard;
- Vehicles coming from Shaw Blvd. Pasig going to Shaw Blvd. Manila and San Juan City should take Shaw Boulevard to Manila;
- Vehicles coming from Makati going to San Juan, Manila and Quezon City should take EDSA to any point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Rockwell, Makati going to Mandaluyong should take right to Pantaleon street, left to Salinga street, then right to Malapantao street, right to Dansalan street, left to San Roque and then to Boni Avenue.
It added that number coding and truck ban will be strictly implemented.—Richa Noriega and Sundy Locus/AOL, GMA Integrated News