Amid the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines' (CBCP) call for the public to refrain from spreading alternative facts, fake news, or false information, it has also released a partial list of websites that purvey "fake or unverified content."
The following sites according to CBCP are "carrying fake or unverified content":
- Pinoy Trending - http://pinoytrending.altervista.org/
- Pinoy Trending News - http://pinoytrendingnews.net/
- Public Trending - http://www.publictrending.net/
- FilipiNews PH - http://www.filipinewsph.com/
- Trending News Portal - http://www.trendingnewsportal.net.ph/
- Classified trends - http://www.classifiedtrends.net/
- Definitely Filipino - http://definitelyfilipino.com/
- Duterte News Info - http://www.du30newsinfo.com/
- Extreme Readers - http://www.extremereaders.com/
- Get Real Philippines - http://www.getrealphilippines.com/
- Guard1an - https://theguard1an.com/
- Kalye Pinoy - http://www.kalyepinoy.com/
- Leak News PH - http://www.leaknewsph.com/
- Media ni Duterte - http://www.dutertedefender.com/
- Minda Nation - http://mindanation.com/
- Netizens PH - http://www.netizensph.com/
- News Media PH - http://www.newsmediaph.com/
- News Titans - http://www.newstitans.com/
- OKD2 - http://okd2.com/
- Pinoy Freedom Wall - http://www.pinoyfreedomwall.com/
- Pinoy Viral Issues - http://www.pinoyviralissues.net/
- Pinoy Viral News - http://pinoyviralnews.com/
- PinoyWorld - http://www.pinoyworld.net/
- SocialNewsPH - http://www.socialnewsph.com/
- TahoNews - http://www.tahonews.com/
- TheVolatilian - http://www.thevolatilian.com/
- Thinking Pinoy - http://www.thinkingpinoy.net/
- TrendingBalita - http://www.trendingbalita.info/
- TrendTitan - http://trendtitan.com/
But Pinoy Trending refuted the list, saying: "You can notice that most of the websites included by the CBCP are writing good things about the government which they are criticizing because of the policies of the Duterte administration against criminals."
The CBCP in a Pastoral Exhortation against Fake News earlier underscored that "Christians cannot be part of falsehood, deceit, and lies."
"The active involvement of citizens in creating a nurturing society steeped in justice depends on the truth. That is the service to which media is called. That is why we have schools and colleges and universities. That is why teaching is a noble profession. That is why books and magazines, journals, and articles are published," the bishops said.
In a GMA News' Unang Balita report, Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz called on the public to be aware of the "standard news."
"Let us be aware of what these standard news maker say and publish so that we'll have a comparison with those who publish fake news. Alam natin kung anong totoo, kung anong tama, pagkat ito'y galing sa mga media sources na kapani-paniwala, na matagal nang nandiyan, na matagal nang nagbabalita," he said. — Marlly Rome Bondoc/RSJ/KVD, GMA News