A four-year-old boy died after he tried to save his pet dog in a fire that hit his house in Lapuz, Iloilo city, according to a report in Unang Hirit.
The boy, Daniel John Peralta, was able to leave the burning house but he went back to the house to get his pet.
Unfortunately, Peralta was not able to go back out again alive.
His remains were found inside the bathroom.
According to initial investigation, a candle that was left unattended could have been the cause of the fire.
Almost 20 families lost their homes in the incident. — BAP, GMA News