A four-month-old baby died when a house caught fire in Bohol.

The fire broke out in Gondong Street, Purok 2, Ubujan District, Tagbilaran City reportedly at 12:48 p.m. on February 24, 2024. Firefighters arrived at 12:51 p.m.

The fire was raised to first alarm.

The house was found to be owned by a certain Romeo Bantugan, Sr.

No other persons were reported injured in the incident. 

The fire left damages estimated to be worth P37,500.

Tagbilaran City Mayor Jane Yap, in a post, urged the public to be more responsible with their safety.

“On-going ang investigation karon, ug siguraduhon nato palihog nga naay mag-check sa mga kuryente sa balay ug dili biyaan ang mga butang nga gi- charge. Init pod kaayo atong panahon ron, amping ta,” Yap said.