Pinoys worldwide can vote for Jessica Sanchez through Facebook?
The American Idol official website clearly says that only residents of Continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands can vote for contestants.
However, on Facebook, some fans of Filipino-American-Mexican contender Jessica Sanchez posted this on their walls:
FILIPINOS IN THE PHILIPPINES - Just VOTE between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. every Thursday with this FB app. We can even VOTE multiple times. Just click the link below: https://apps.facebook.com/americanidolvoting/?ref=ts
http://www.americanidol.com/vote/ - Maximum of 50 votes per person; time of voting should coincide with US showtime schedule (Wednesdays 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time - California). You only have two hours right after the show to cast you vote online."
However, according to the American Idol website, only the following persons can vote:
(1) Toll-free Voting: Anyone calling the toll-free numbers from an area code from within the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will be able to cast their vote(s) for American Idol.
(2) AT&T Text Voting: Any AT&T wireless subscriber who has the ability to text message and has an area code from within the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will be able to cast their vote(s) for American Idol.
(3) Online Voting: Anyone with a Facebook account registered within the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will be able cast their vote(s) using the online method.
On Thursday, a Filipino based in the Philippines tried the link circulating on Facebook but was unable to vote.
He said the message that people outside the US could vote for American Idol contestants could be a hoax.
Power dialling votes
On its website, the show warned that so-called "power dialling votes" will not be credited.
The site said the American Idol voting process is "administered and carefully monitored by an independent vote management company."
"The producers, in consultation with this independent vote management company, reserve the right to remove so-called “power dialing votes” (via toll-free, AT&T Text Voting and online) that are identified as having been cast in such a significant block, either by technical enhancements or otherwise, that it could unfairly influence the outcome of the voting."
Sanchez is one of the Final Three contenders in the singing reality show "American Idol."
Aside from Sanchez, 16, the two other remaining contestants in the show are:
- Joshua Ledet, 19, Westlake, Louisiana, and
- Phillip Phillips, 21, Leesburg, Georgia.
- VVP, GMA News
Talk of the web