MTRCB suspends Tulfo bros' show for threats against Raymart Santiago
Citing the "grave threats" by the program's hosts, the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) on Wednesday suspended for three months the television program of the brothers of columnist Ramon Tulfo.
Aside from the suspension, the MTRCB also fined the program "T3" P100,000, according to a report by dzBB's Allan Gatus.
MTRCB chairperson Grace Poe Llamanzares said the suspension will start Wednesday and that the show will also be placed under probation when it returns to the airwaves. The show will have to be approved per episode.
Earlier this month, the MTRCB said it found probable cause to charge the TV program for violation of Section 3(c), P.D. 1986 for "airing scenes and utterances that are indecent and contrary to law, or with a dangerous tendency to encourage the commission of violence, or of a wrong or crime."
During the May 7 episode of the program, brothers Erwin, Raffy and Ben Tulfo were seen and heard threatening actor Raymart Santiago with physical violence for his involvement in a fight with their brother, columnist Ramon Tulfo, at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 the day before. Erwin even threatened Santiago's wife Claudine Barretto.
Santiago and Tulfo engaged in a scuffle at the NAIA 3 last May 6 after Tulfo took photos of Claudine Barretto complaining to ground personnel of Cebu Pacific after their baggage was offloaded from the plane they took from Boracay to Manila. - VVP/HS, GMA News
Go to comments