Fire destroys 400-year-old church in Bicol
A fire believed caused by an electrical overload destroyed a 400-year-old church in Camarines Norte province before dawn Wednesday.
Christmas Day fire kills 7 in QC. Firemen inspect the charred ruins of an apartment compound in Brgy. Bungad in Del Monte, Quezon City on Tuesday after a blaze killed at least seven people on Christmas Day. GMA News
The fire destroyed the San Pedro Apostol church in Vinzons town, according to a report by radio dzBB's Bicol affiliate.
Parish priest Fr. Francisco Regala Jr. said the fire occurred between 1 and 2 a.m., adding they were not able to save the church's historical artifacts.
An initial investigation showed the fire started at the convent library and spread to the other parts of the church.
The fire reached the second alarm before it was put out at 5:30 a.m. Arson investigators are verifying information the fire stemmed from an electrical overload.
The report said the church was built in 1611. — LBG, GMA News
Talk of the web