ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Money
Money
DOTC defers Mactan-Cebu airport bidding
+
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.
The deadline for submission of bids for the multi-billion Mactan-Cebu International Airport project has been moved to a latter date due to changes in the public-private partnership (PPP) project's concession agreement, a Cabinet official said Tuesday.
“The concession agreement will be finalized end of August and it is mandatory for the government to give at least 30 days after issuing final concession agreement before the bidding date,” Transportation Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya said in a text message to reporters.
The deadline of the technical and financial proposals were due Tuesday.
Among the prequalified bidders for the P17.5 billion infrastructure project are:
- AAA Airport Partners led by conglomerate Ayala Corp. and Cebu-based Aboitiz Equity Ventures together with Houston airport operator ADC&HAS;
- Filinvest-CAI Consortium of taipan Andrew Gotianun together with Singapore’s Changi Airport;
- Lopez-led First Philippine Airports together with New Zealand’s Infratil Asia Limited;
- GMR Infrastructure and Megawide Consortium that includes India’s Delhi Airport;
- MPIC-JGS Airport Consortium composed of the tandem of Manuel Pangilinan-led infrastructure conglomerate Metro Pacific Investments Corp. and JG Summit Holdings of tycoon John L. Gokongwei Jr. together with Aeroports de Lyon of France;
- Premier Airport Group of led by retail magnate Henry Sy together with Switzerland’s Zurich Airport operators; and
- San Miguel-Incheon Airport Consortium of Ramon Ang's diversified conglomerate San Miguel Corp. and the operator of South Korea’s Incheon Airport.
Several revisions in the PPP's concession agreement were made following one-on-one meetings between the Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) and pre-qualified bidders. Issues resolved include who would shoulder the real property tax, among others.
Mactan-Cebu airport project aims to modernize the country’s second-largest aviation hub through the construction of a new world-class international passenger terminal building with a capacity of eight million passengers.
It also involves the renovation of the existing terminal building, where 6.7 million passengers went through the 4.5-million passenger-capacity facility last year. — SOA/KBK, GMA News
Tags: mactancebuairport, dotc
More Videos
Most Popular