GMA News Online
News
»
Regions

NDRRMC: Death toll from Central Visayas quake now 213

October 26, 2013 10:20am
The death toll from the magnitude-7.2 quake that devastated Central Visayas last Oct. 15 went up anew to 213 as of Saturday morning, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.

In its 7 a.m. update, the NDRRMC said the latest fatalities were from Bohol, which accounted for 199 of those killed by the quake.

At least 13 more fatalities were from Cebu while one was from Siquijor.

The number of injured also rose to 742, including 648 in Bohol, 89 in Cebu, three in Siquijor, and one each in Iloilo and Negros Oriental.

Meanwhile, eight are still missing, all from Bohol.

Aftershocks

The NDRRMC said that as of 6 a.m. Saturday, at least 2,779 aftershocks had been recorded, of which 75 were felt.

Also, the NDRRMC said the quake has affected 644,253 families or 3,225,554 people in 1,527 villages in 60 towns and six cities in six provinces.

Of these, 19,630 families or 100,619 people are staying in 288 evacuation centers.

Damage to property was estimated at P1,644,230,000, including P1,421,509,000 in Bohol, P221,001,000 in Cebu, P1.45 million in Siquijor, and P270,000 in Negros Oriental.

At least 12,503 houses were destroyed while 44,430 were damaged. — LBG, GMA News



We welcome healthy discussions and friendly debate! Please click Flag to alert us of a comment that may be abusive or threatening. Read our full comment policy here.
Comments Powered by Disqus
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement