Keeping their eyes on their goal to bring the visual arts closer to the public, the Art Fair Philippines organizers on Wednesday introduced an extension to their annual art show.
Art Fair PH is also launching "10 Days of Art" to further their goal of bringing contemporary art closer to the public pic.twitter.com/LbOcs7RjJ3— Aya Tantiangco Miura (@ayaruim) January 18, 2017
"10 Days of Art" will be launched a full week ahead of Art Fair Philippines 2017.
Trickie Lopa, one of the women behind the entire festival, says that the idea has always been to keep moving outward.
"10 Days of Art" will feature a series of events held in different galleries, museums, bars, restaurants, and retail establishments around the city.
Public art and exhibition openings are scheduled from February 9 to 19, meaning "10 Days of Art" will eventually run parallel with the Art Fair.
British-born artist James Nares will be at the center of "10 Days of Art." His work "Street" from 2012 will be projected at the Ayala Triangle Gardens from February 15 to 19.
"Street" is an hour-long video that 'captures passers-by in the streets of New York in slow motion, as if they'd been caught in a dream."
Works by Charlie Co and Revolution will be installed at the Greenbelt Fashion Walk and at the 5th Avenue Park Area respectively.
Art patrons should also make time for the following exhibits:
- Prelude, Carlos Amoralea - February 10, Bellas Artes Outpost
- DRM Classic Garage Art Exhibit - February 11, DRM Classic Garage
- Private Lanai by Salcedo Auctions - February 12, Lanai
- 10 Days of Art Live! - February 13 to 19, Makati Streets
- Garaparty - February 15, La Fuerza Compound
- Apichatong Weerasenthakul: The Serenity of Madness - February 17, Museum of Contemporary Art and Design
- Altarpiece: Natee Utarit - February 17, Ayala Museum
- Pauses of Possiblity - February 17, Lopez Museum and Library
- Silent Disco - February 18, Ayala Triange Gardens
Art Fair Philippines 2017 is slated for February 16 to 19 at The Link Carpark. — BM, GMA News