On Facebook Tuesday afternoon, the organizing committee of the World Street Food Congress (WSFC) announced this year’s edition of the much-awaited food fair is canceled.
"Under circumstances beyond our control, and on behalf of event Presenter, The Tourism Board of Philippines (TPB), it is with regret we announce their decision to cancel this year’s World Street Food Congress 18’," a portion of the statement read. It addressed its friends, partners and associates.
A representative of WSFC told GMA News Online that they'd been experiencing more changes than usual that they decided to cancel this year's edition to make way and plan for next year.
In the statement, it said Makansutra, which has been organizing the event since its inception in 2012, will be planning ahead for the next WSFC.
The WSFC first took place in Singapore. In 2016, it was brought to the Philippines, where over 70,000 people attended. WSFC also took place in the country last year.
GMA News Online has reached out to TBP and is waiting for their statement. — LA, GMA News