PhilHealth now allows self-paying members to pay their premiums online amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) threat.
On Wednesday, PhilHealth released a step-by-step guide on how Filipinos can send their payments from the comfort of their homes.
According to PhilHealth, self-paying individuals include those who “render or sell goods as a means of livelihood outside of an employer-employee relationship.”
How to register in the PhilHealth Member Portal
1. Enter your PhilHealth Identification Number (PIN) to create your user account and password.
2. Confirm the account activation sent through your e-mail then log in.
Note that a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or computer connected to the internet is needed to access the PhilHealth Member Portal.
How to pay the premium online
1. Go to PhilHealth’s website.
2. Log in through the PhilHealth Member Portal.
3. Click Payment Management.
4. Click Generate SPA (Statement of Premium Account). An SPA can be generated only if you declared a monthly income to PhilHealth.
5. Select MYEG as Accredited Collecting Partner and choose a payment method.
6. Follow the payment instructions based on the chosen method and click PROCEED.
7. A Payment Result or Confirmation will appear if the transaction is successful. You may also receive a test message or an e-mail confirmation.
How to know your SPA status
Each successful transaction comes with an Electronic Premium Acknowledgement Receipt (ePAR). This can be viewed or downloaded anytime.
1. Log in through the PhilHealth Member Portal.
2. Click Payment Management.
3. Click View SPA then you’ll see the “PAID” status.
What period is covered in the generation of SPA?
It shall start on the month after the last posted contribution payment up to the member’s preferred number of months but shall not exceed a maximum period of 36 months.
According to PhilHealth Circular No. 2020-0023, missed contribution payments for the period prior to November 2019 are excluded.
Newly registered self-paying members, meanwhile, shall be billed beginning on the month of PIN issuance up to desired maximum period.
For those who wish to view the interest for their missed contribution payments, you may compute it in in accordance with PhilHealth Circular No. 2020-0005.
How to amend Member’s Data Record (MDR) or contribution payment history
For members who notice a discrepancy in their MDR displayed in the PhilHealth Member Portal:
1. Submit a duly accomplished PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) or use your printed MDR indicating the data correction/s with the attached supporting documents to the nearest Local Health Insurance Offices (LHIOs).
2. They may also be submitted via e-mails to be provided by the PROs.
For members who notice a discrepancy or need adjustment in their contribution payment history:
Submit or send via e-mail a photocopy of the Official Receipts of unposted contribution payments or pay slips indicating PhilHealth contributions with concerned employer/s to the LHIO in their locality for validation and adjustment. – RC, GMA News