Online job portal JobStreet Philippines on Tuesday said that while job postings have declined due to the coronavirus disease, there have been a number of industries that continue to search for employees.
In a virtual briefing, JobStreet Philippines country manager Philip Gioca indicated that the call sector, BPO, and IT-enabled services released the most job postings amid lockdown restrictions.
Metro Manila, along with several "high-risk areas," has been on lockdown since March 17. A modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) has been placed from May 15 to last until May 31, paving the way for more businesses to reopen.
"BPOs, call centers are most resilient businesses during the pandemic cause they continue to move on and provide jobs for us," he said.
Below is the top 10 industries that continued to hire from March 15 to April 30, according to JobStreet data:
- Call center / IT-enabled services / Business process outsourcing (41%)
- Government jobs (15%)
- Education (9%)
- Banking / Financial services (4%)
- Computer / Information technology - software (4%)
- Healthcare / Medical (3%)
- Property / Real Estate (3%)
- Retail / Merchandise (3%)
- Manufacturing / Production (2%)
- Transportation / Logistics (1%)
— Jon Viktor D. Cabuenas/RSJ, GMA News