Filtered By: News
Jinggoy is a co-accused in the plunder case against his father, former President Joseph Estrada. He has been charged of conspiring with his father in acquisition of ill-gotten wealth from jueteng; in the division of the tobacco excise tax and in receiving commission and kickbacks from the purchase by the Social Security System and Government Service Insurance System of Belle Corporation shares and other illegal sources. According to the testimony of impeachment trial witness Emma Lim, he accepted jueteng money. Recently. the Supreme Court upheld a Sandiganbayan ruling allowing the younger Estrada to post bail.
- Birthday: February 17, 1963
- Birthplace: Manila
- Father: Joseph Marcelo Ejercito Estrada, actor and former president
- Mother: Luisa Pimentel-Ejercito Estrada, doctor and former senator
- Wife: Ma. Presentacion "Precy" Vitug-Ejercito
- Children: Janella Marie, Joseph Luis Manuel, Julian Emilio and baby Julienne
- Siblings: Jacqueline Ejercito-Lopez, Jude Ejercito
- Bachelor of Laws (4 years), Lyceum University
- BA Economics, University of the Philippines
- High School, Ateneo de Manila University
- Elementary. Ateneo de Manila University
- Senator, 2004 - 2010
- Mayor, San Juan, 1992 - 2001
- Vice Mayor, San Juan
- Professional actor
- National President, League of Municipalities of the Philippines, 1998 to 2001
- Co-founder, Libre Libing Foundation Inc.
- Co-founder, San Juan Metro Manila Police and Fire Foundation Inc.
- Best Supporting Actor Award, FAMAS, "Farita Punzalan Story"