Filtered By: News
News

No aid this MECQ in Manila but trikes, pedicabs can operate


Tricycles, e-trikes, and pedicabs will be allowed to ply the streets of Manila amid the modified enhanced community quarantine from August 4 to 18, the city government said Tuesday.

According to Ian Cruz’s report on “24 Oras,” Mayor Isko Moreno allowed the operations of tricycles, e-trikes, and pedicabs to help frontliners and essential workers get to work amid the suspension of public transportation.

However, Moreno said the city government will no longer be distributing aid.

Meanwhile, the city government said there will be no liquor ban. However, residents caught drinking outside their houses will be arrested by Manila’s COVID-19 marshals.

An 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew will also be imposed in the city, while quarantine passes previously issued will be used anew.

An odd-even scheme on who will be allowed to go out during the MECQ will be implemented.

Rapid testing will also continue in the city amid the stricter quarantine, Moreno added.

Moreno also warned that Manila’s six hospitals were already at 85% capacity.

With this, he advised residents to follow safety protocols.

“Mga kababayan, ingatan niyo na sarili niyo, disiplinahin niyo na kasi punong-puno na (ang mga ospital). Sa kalsada na kayo gagamutin, sa basketball court na kayo gagamutin. Sa barangay hall na kayo matutulog dahil wala pong paglalagakan kaya kailangan natin talagang mag-ingat. — Ma. Angelica Garcia/DVM, GMA News