Several areas in Metro Manila were flooded on Wednesday morning amid the incessant rain caused by the southwest monsoon enhanced by Typhoon Fabian.
According to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority, the following areas were flooded:
- EDSA POEA SB - Gutter deep
- EDSA Boni SB - Gutter deep
- EDSA Ortigas split NB - Gutter deep
- EDSA J. Vargas NB - Gutter deep
- C5 Eastwood NB/SB - Gutter deep
- C5 J. Vargas NB.SB - Gutter deep
- C5 Ortigas SB - Gutter deep
- Roxas Blvd. Quirino svc road - Gutter deep
- Rizal Avenue Recto - Gutter deep
- Roxas Pedro Gil - Gutter deep
- Bonifacio drive 25th St. NB/SB - Gutter deep
- A. Bonifacio Sgt Rivera EB - Gutter deep.
- Aurora Araneta WB - Gutter deep.
- E. Rodriguez Araneta NB/SB - Gutter deep
Situation on Roxas Boulevard was exacerbated by the high tide, according to Ed Garcia of MMDA's Flood Control Information Center in an interview on Super Radyo dzBB.
Meanwhile, the following roads were not passable to light vehicles as of 8:45 a.m.
- UN Taft NB/SB - Knee deep
- Taft National Museum SB - Knee deep
- Maria Orosa Taft NB/SB - Knee deep
A tweet by Super Radyo dzBB's Isa Avendaño-Umali shows a portion of T.M. Kalaw Street in Ermita, Manila, was also flooded.
In its 5 am report, PAGASA said Fabian's center was estimated at 740 kilometers east northeast of Itbayat, Batanes with maximum sustained winds of 130 kilometers per hour near the center, gustiness of up to 160 kph, and central pressure of 970 hPa and moving west southwestward at 10 kph.
Meanwhile, Chief Justice Alexander Gesmundo has suspended work in all courts in the National Capital Region starting 12 noon Wednesday due to rains brought by the enhanced southwest monsoon.
Covered by the work suspension are the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Court of Tax Appeals, Sandiganbayan, and trial courts.
In Cavite province, the incessant rains caused water at the Prinza Dam San Nicolas 1 to overflow, according to the Bacoor Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Office in a Facebook post.
As of 12 noon, the dam is not passable for Tawid Bangka, it added. — KBK/RSJ, GMA News