advertisement
Filtered By: News
News

Bulacan adopts enhanced Luzon quarantine, sets guidelines


The provincial government of Bulacan adopted the implementation of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.

Governor Daniel Fernando signed an executive order on March 18, laying out specific guidelines for his constituents, among them:

Classes and all school activities in all levels shall be suspended until April 14, 2020 and will resume on April 15, 2020.

A work from home arrangement shall be practiced by those in the executive branch except for the frontline workers such as police and health professionals.

Movement of people would be limited to accessing basic needs and provision of health and other essential services.

Mass public transport systems shall likewise be suspended. Land, air, and sea travel is also restricted.

Public markets, groceries, convenience stores, water refilling stations, pharmacies, medical facilities, banks, money transfer services, and other vital establishments will be allowed to continue operations.

Export-oriented firms and Business Process Outsourcing companies may also remain operational subject to compliance to social distancing measures.

The whole province shall also follow the 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew.

All municipalities and cities in Bulacan were ordered to provide marked vehicles to  transport persons under monitoring and investigation for possible coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

On Monday, President Rodrigo Duterte ordered to place the whole Luzon under an enhanced community quarantine to abate the spreading the contagion.

The provincial health office of Bulacan has said that Patient 57 who died on Wednesday  came from London to attend a celebration in San Ildefonso town.

The office said all of Patient 57's close contacts had been identified and all had been placed on quarantine. 

"Kung kaya naman, walang dapat ipangamba ang publiko lalo na ang mga taga-San Ildefonso," the office said in a Facebook post. 

"Matatandaan din na napatagal ang pagsama ng kasong ito sa ating lalawigan dahil itinaas pa sa DOH Central Office kung ito ay ibibilang gayong si PH57 ay hindi lehitimong taga-San Ildefonso," it added.

An earlier story that appeared on GMA News Online misstated that Bulacan had been placed on lockdown. The article has since been taken down.

Patricia Alvaro was also misstated as Bulacan's health officer. She is the education and promotion officer who didn't give any interview about the lockdown.

GMA News Online regrets the errors that have since been corrected. -Dona Magsino/KBK/NB, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT