Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla on Tuesday released some guidelines after the province was placed under modified enhanced community quarantine.
In a Facebook post, Remulla said the quarantine pass system would be non-transferrable and that only one per household is allowed to use the quarantine pass.
Remulla reminded residents that those who will be caught outside their homes without quarantine pass will be penalized.
"Wala munang 'lipat bahay' pansamantala habang MECQ. UNOFFICIAL travel shall be strictly limited. All JOWA passes are canceled," Remulla said.
"Inter-province travel will be restricted to OFFICIAL BUSINESS purposes only," he added.
V-ECQ S5 E1. Virtual (Part 1): Medyo ECQ. Medyo GCQ. Cavite COVID Update: New cases 47 Total cases 1,824 Recovered...Posted by Jonvic Remulla on Monday, August 3, 2020
Factories remain operational, according to Remulla. He said employees must always bring their work IDs to avoid hassle in police checkpoints.
He said public transportation would be allowed provided that it will be used by essential workers.
He also said construction would be allowed at full capacity subject to monitoring and enforcement of the Department of Public Works and Highways, local government units, and the Department of Labor and Employment.
Remulla, meanwhile, said curfew hours is from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m., while liquor ban is upon the discretion of the town mayors.
Malls would implement local residents protocol except in some areas, Remulla said.
"Maliban sa patakaran ng Tagaytay para sa karatig na bayan at maliban rin sa Trece Martires na kasama ang Indang at Amadeo," Remulla said.
"Mall operations will be limited to essential banks, supermarkets and pharmacies. Department stores will be closed," he added.
Dine-in is prohibited in all restaurants, Remulla said. He added that the operations of tiangges, barber shops, salons, and computer shops are also suspended.
So far, the province has 1,824 COVID-19 cases, 525 recoveries and 57 deaths. — Anna Felicia Bajo/RSJ, GMA News