DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Two overseas Filipinos were found dead here on July 27, with one of the victims having an injury by the neck.
Consul General Marford Angeles, spokesperson of the Philippine Embassy, said the Philippine Consulate General has been in contact with Dubai Police, which is conducting an investigation on the matter.
No further details were immediately made available pending completion of the ongoing investigation.
"The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi conveys its deep condolences to the family of two Overseas Filipinos found lifeless in Dubai last week and sends its assurance that we will ensure that justice would be served,” said Angeles in a statement released to the media here.
“The Philippine Consulate General in Dubai is in coordination with local law enforcement authorities, who are currently conducting an investigation on the matter. As of the moment, UAE authorities are unable to provide details regarding the ongoing investigation,” he added.
Angeles said relatives of the deceased have been informed of what happened.
“The Consulate and the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) Office in Dubai have gotten in touch with the family, reassuring them that the Philippine Government shall provide necessary assistance as they grieve the loss of their loved ones," Angeles said.
The case is now being handled by the Consulate’s Attention to Nationals (ATN) section. Names of the victims were withheld. —KBK, GMA News