ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Pinoyabroad
Pinoy Abroad

DMW: 10,129 Filipinos repatriated so far amid Middle East conflict


+
Add GMA on Google
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.
DMW: 10,129 Filipinos repatriated so far amid Middle East conflict

A total of 10,129 Filipinos have been repatriated from the Middle East amid the ongoing tensions there, the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) said on Sunday.

Of the 10,129 repatriated Filipinos, 7,988 are OFWs, 1,779 are OFW dependents, and 362 are stranded Filipinos. In a Facebook post, the DMW said this figure is as of May 24.

They were repatriated through the efforts of the DMW and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), in collaboration with the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippine Embassies, and Philippine Consulate General.

Apart from repatriation efforts, the DMW said it has extended financial assistance and other forms of aid to 34,188 OFWs and other affected Filipinos, as ordered by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.

Of this figure, 23,345 were extended food assistance, 7,697 were given transport assistance, 2,491 were given shelter assistance, and 2,427 were extended medical assistance.

The government has performed 70,148 onsite services for OFWs and their loved ones, who were given various forms of aid and welfare support.

The DMW and OWWA said they are also beefing up its welfare and reintegration programs to ensure that each OFW is given adequate support for his or her safe return home and reintegration. — JMA, GMA News