Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 4 was raised over eight areas in Visayas and Mindanao as Typhoon Odette maintained its strength and made its third landfall in Southern Leyte.
In its 5 p.m. severe weather bulletin, PAGASA said the center of the eye of Odette was located in the vicinity of Liloan, Southern Leyte with maximum sustained winds of 195 kilometers per hour near the center, gustiness of up to 270 km per hour, and central pressure of 915 hPa. It is moving westward at 30 kph.
PAGASA said Odette made its fourth landfall in the vicinity of Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte at 5:40 p.m.
PAGASA hoisted TCWS No. 4 over the following areas:
- Southern Leyte
- the southwestern portion of Leyte (Hilongos, Bato, Matalom)
- the central and southern portions of Cebu (Lapu-Lapu City, Cordova, Cebu City, Mandaue City, Consolacion, Liloan, Toledo City, City of Talisay, Minglanilla, City of Naga, Pinamungahan, San Fernando, City of Carcar, Aloguinsan, Barili, Sibonga, Dumanjug, Ronda, Argao, Alcantara, Moalboal, Badian, Dalaguete, Alcoy, Alegria, Malabuyoc, Boljoon, Oslob, Ginatilan, Samboan, Santander)
- the central and southern portions of Negros Oriental (Canlaon City, Vallehermoso, City of Guihulngan, La Libertad, Jimalalud, Tayasan, Ayungon, Bindoy, Manjuyod, Mabinay, City of Bayawan, Basay, Bais City, Pamplona, San Jose, City of Tanjay, Amlan)
- the central and southern portions of Negros Occidental (La Castellana, Pontevedra, Hinigaran, Moises Padilla, Isabela, Binalbagan, City of Himamaylan, City of Kabankalan, Ilog, Cauayan, Candoni, City of Sipalay, Hinoba-An)
- Dinagat Islands
- Surigao del Norte including Siargao and Bucas Grande Islands
TCWS No. 3 was raised over:
- Cagayancillo Islands
- the rest of southern portion of Leyte (Abuyog, Mahaplag, Hindang, Inopacan, City of Baybay, Javier, Macarthur)
- the northern portion of Cebu (Camotes Islands, Tuburan, Catmon, Carmen, Danao City, Asturias, Balamban, Dalaguete, Sogod)
- the rest of Negros Oriental
- the northern portion of Negros Occidental (Calatrava, San Carlos City, Salvador Benedicto, City of Talisay, Silay City, Bacolod City, Murcia, Bago City, Valladolid, Pulupandan, La Carlota City, San Enrique)
- the southern portion of Iloilo (Iloilo City, Pavia, Leganes, Santa Barbara, San Miguel, Alimodian, Oton, Leon, Tigbauan, Tubungan, Igbaras, Guimbal, Miagao, San Joaquin, Dumangas, Zarraga, New Lucena, Cabatuan, Maasin)
- the southern portion of Antique (San Remigio, Patnongon, Belison, San Jose, Sibalom, Hamtic, Tobias Fornier, Anini-Y)
- the northern portion of Agusan del Norte (Kitcharao, Jabonga, Santiago, Tubay, City of Cabadbaran)
- the northern portion of Surigao del Sur (Carrascal, Cantilan, Madrid, Carmen, Lanuza, Cortes, City of Tandag)
Signal No. 2 was up over the following:
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro
- mainlanad Palawan including Kalayaan
- Calamian Islands
- Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
- the rest of Leyte
- the rest of Cebu
- the rest of Negros Occidental
- the rest of Iloilo
- the rest of Antique
- the rest of Surigao del Sur
- Agusan del Sur
- the rest of Agusan del Norte
- the extreme northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Dapitan City, Siayan, Sindangan, Jose Dalman, Manukan, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, Katipunan, Sergio Osmeña Sr., Polanco, Dipolog City, Piñan, Mutia, La Libertad, Rizal, Sibutad)
- the extreme northern portion of Zamboanga del Sur (Josefina, Molave, Mahayag, Dumingag, Tambulig)
- Misamis Occidental
- the northern portion of Lanao del Norte (Kolambugan, Maigo, Munai, Bacolod, Poona Piagapo, Kauswagan, Pantao Ragat, Matungao, Linamon, Baloi, Tagoloan, Pantar, Iligan City)
- Misamis Oriental
- the northern portion of Bukidnon (Cabanglasan, City of Malaybalay, Lantapan, Talakag, Baungon, Libona, Manolo Fortich, Sumilao, Impasug-Ong, Malitbog)
- the northern portion of Lanao del Sur (Tagoloan II, Kapai)
Meanwhile, Signal No. 1 was raised over:
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- the southern portion of Quezon (San Antonio, Tiaong, Candelaria, Sariaya, Dolores, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Gumaca, Plaridel, Pitogo, Lopez, Guinayangan, Buenavista, Catanauan, General Luna, Macalelon, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco, Tagkawayan, Calauag, Quezon, Alabat, City of Tayabas, Perez)
- the northern portion of Davao Oriental (Baganga, Cateel, Boston)
- the northern portion of Davao de Oro (Laak, Mawab, Nabunturan, Montevista, Monkayo, New Bataan, Compostela)
- the northern portion of Davao del Norte (Talaingod, Santo Tomas, Kapalong, Asuncion, San Isidro, New Corella)
- the rest of Bukidnon
- the rest of Lanao del Norte
- the rest of Lanao del Sur
- the rest of northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Labason, Kalawit, Tampilisan, Liloy, Salug, Godod, Bacungan, Gutalac, Baliguian)
- the rest of northern portion of Zamboanga del Sur (Bayog, Lakewood, Kumalarang, Guipos, Dumalinao, Tukuran, Ramon Magsaysay, Aurora, Sominot, Tigbao, Labangan, Pagadian City, Midsalip,)
- the northern portion of Zamboanga Sibugay (Titay, Ipil, Naga, Kabasalan, Siay, Diplahan, Buug)
From Thursday to Friday morning, PAGASA said heavy to torrential rains will prevail over Caraga, Central Visayas, Misamis Oriental, Camiguin, Southern Leyte, and Negros Occidental, while moderate to heavy with, at times, intense rains will be experienced over Leyte, the southern portions of Eastern Samar and Samar, Zamboanga del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, and the rest of Northern Mindanao.
Light to moderate with, at times, heavy rains will prevail over Bicol Region, Quezon, the rest of Visayas, the rest of Zamboanga Peninsula, and mainland Bangsamoro.
On Friday morning to Saturday morning, PAGASA said heavy to intense with, at times, torrential rains will be experienced over Central Visayas, Western Visayas, and Palawan including Calamian Islands, Cuyo, and Cagayancillo Islands, while moderate to heavy with, at times, intense rains will prevail over Bicol Region, Zamboanga Peninsula, Quezon, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Romblon, Marinduque, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, and the rest of Visayas.
PAGASA added that light to moderate with, at times, heavy rains will prevail over Caraga, the southern portion of Aurora, and the rest of Northern Mindanao.
On Saturday morning to Sunday morning, Kalayaan Islands will experience heavy to torrential rains, while Cagayan Valley, Aurora, Quezon, mainland Palawan and Calamian Islands will have light to moderate with, at times, heavy rains.
"Under these conditions, scattered to widespread flooding (including flash floods) and rain-induced landslides are expected especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazard as identified in hazard maps, and in localities with significant antecedent rainfall," PAGASA warned.
The weather agency said winds may also reach typhoon strength up to 195 kph in strength in areas under TCWS No. 4 during the passage of Odette which may cause generally heavy to very heavy damage to structures and vegetation.
Destructive typhoon-force winds will also be experienced in areas under TCWS No. 3 which may bring moderate to heavy damage to structures and vegetation.
Damaging winds to gale-to-storm-force strength will prevail in areas under TCWS No. 2 , while strong winds with higher gusts will prevail in areas under TCWS No. 1.
PAGASA also warned that a moderate to high risk of storm surge of up to 3.0 meters may cause flooding in low-lying coastal areas of Central Visayas, Iloilo, Guimaras, Negros Occidental, Southern Leyte, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, and several localities in the northern portion of Palawan including Calamian, Cuyo and Cagayancillo Islands, Antique, the southern portions of Samar and Eastern Samar, Leyte, and Misamis Oriental.
It also advised mariners in areas under TCWS to remain in port or take shelter until winds and waves subside. —NB, GMA News