The Department of Transportation (DOTr) on Monday said public transportation will not be allowed when Metro Manila and other areas revert to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) starting August 4.
The following modes of public transportation will not be allowed under MECQ:
- trains (PNR, LRT1, LRT2, MRT3)
- tricycle with exceptions subject to guidelines of Department of the Interior and Local Government and local government units
The only public transportation allowed will be public shuttles for front liners and workers in industries allowed to work under MECQ.
As for private transportation, the following will be allowed under MECQ:
- company shuttle (rented shuttles will need special permit from Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board), at 50% capacity
- personal vehicle (for person/workers in permitted sectors/activities), 2 persons per row
- bicycle: 1 person
- motorcycle: 1 person
- e-scooter: 1 person max subject to existing traffic regulations
The DOTr reminded the public that only authorized persons outside of residence (APOR) with proper ID will be allowed to go out and travel within city limits.
President Rodrigo Duterte has placed Metro Manila and other high-risk areas back to MECQ for 15 days effective Tuesday, August 4, 2020 amid the COVID-19 threat.
Duterte said that the National Capital Region and the provinces of Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, and Rizal under the MECQ until August 18. —KG, GMA News