Christopher De Leon has confirmed that he has COVID-19.
In a statement, the acclaimed actor said the he had no recent travel history or contact with anyone confirmed to have the virus.
"However, due to the nature of my work in the entertainment business, I have interacted with many people. I therefore ask anyone who has come in contact me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not," he said.
"Please cooperate with the authorities in their contact tracing efforts. My wife Sandy, daughter Mica & our kasambahay are in self quarantine at home."
The Department of Health on Tuesday confirmed that there is now sustained community transmission of COVID-19, which means that new cases are no longer traceable from known infections.
President Rodrigo Duterte has placed the entire Luzon under an enhanced community quarantine and declared a state of calamity over the whole country.
It is not immediately clear if the actor is among the 45 new confirmed cases reported by the DOH on Tuesday.
In his message, De Leon asked for prayers while spreading a message of faith.
"In this time of trial, we ask for your prayers and we continue to praise and thank the Lord for His goodness in our lives," he said.
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ( 1Thessalonians 5:18 )" --JST, GMA News