Dapitan Mayor Bullet Jalosjos, chief finance officer of Television and Production Exponent (TAPE) Inc., which produces "Eat Bulaga," clarified several rumors surrounding the long-standing noontime show.
On "Fast Talk with Boy Abunda" Wednesday, Jalosjos debunked rumors and said "Eat Bulaga" will stay in GMA.
According to Bullet, TAPE's contract with GMA-7 ends in two years' time, in 2025. So "Eat Bulaga" will stay.
On rumors that TAPE is having financial problems, Jalosjos said "Wala po."
"When we transition, siyempre, we have to study everything," he explained.
"I want to assure everyone that we are financially stable. The company is okay. We're doing good. We can pay our talents. We can pay GMA so wala po tayong talagang problema when it comes to money," he added.
In fact, among the plenty things people should await in the "new and improved" Eat Bulaga are better and bigger prizes.
Finally, the King of Talk asked Jalosjos about the rumors about Vic Sotto being owed P2 billion, and not having been been paid in nearly a year.
Bullet confirmed it's fake news.
"That's why maganda po talaga kung sana pwede rin makausap all the talents, maimbita natin sa show din to assure everyone that we are in good relations with the company and with the board, and tuloy-tuloy ang ligaya kay 'Eat Bulaga,'" he said.
Several rumors about Eat Bulaga surfaced earlier this year, which Boy Abunda on "Fast Talk" quickly dismissed. — Kimberly Tsao/LA, GMA Integrated News