Outcome of Marcos' study on ICI report may be out this February —Palace
Malacañang on Friday said that outcome of President Ferdinand ''Bongbong'' Marcos Jr.'s scrutiny of the report of the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) may be released this February.
At a press briefing, Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Atty. Claire Castro was asked about the timeline regarding the release of the results of Marcos' study on the report of the independent body.
''Eh malamang po itong buwan po ng Pebrero ay malalaman na po natin... Pero hindi ko po sinasabi na ito na mismo po ang magiging hudyat kung ano ang magiging desisyon ng Pangulo, sa akin lamang pong pagkakaalam, most probably by February ay mayroon na po,'' Castro said.
(Maybe this February, we will know the outcome. But I'm not saying that this will determine the decision of the President. From what I only know, most probably, by February.)
The said report highlighted the independent body's accomplishments since it began operations in September 2025.
The ICI earlier said that from September 15, 2025 to January 18, 2026, it was able to submit nine referrals to the Office of the Ombudsman, covering 65 individuals.
The report was first submitted to the Office of the Executive Secretary.
Marcos previously said the work of the ICI is about to be finished, adding that it already investigated what needs to be probed in the anomalous flood management projects.
Marcos issued Executive Order 94 in September of last year, which created the ICI as a non-partisan fact-finding body that would investigate irregularities in flood control projects and infrastructure projects in the last ten years. —VAL, GMA Integrated News