ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

Torre de Manila pics photoshopped? Pia doesn’t think so


Sen. Pia Cayetano, who has taken the lead in the fight against the construction of Torre de Manila condominium, is not letting the building's owners go off the hook easily.

At a press briefing Thursday, she said she is not convinced that the photos showing the condominium obstructing the Rizal Monument sightline were digitally altered, as claimed by the building's owner, DMCI Project Developers, Inc.

“Wala ho akong kilala na gumawa noon sa dami ng pictures na lumabas tungkol sa photobombing issue na ito,” Cayetano said.

She, however, admitted that there were angles that do not bear the image of the condominium in the background.

“Talagang may anggulo ka namang makukuha na wala yung Torre doon, nandun po ito sa gilid sa extreme right,” she said.

Still, Cayetano said this does not mean that they will stop opposing the condominium project, which gained controversy for allegedly devaluing a historical landmark.

Last week, the Order of the Knights of Rizal asked the Supreme Court to order the demolition of the 46-storey condominium for supposedly marring the visual corridors of Rizal's monument in Luneta.

Cayetano said another hearing on the issue will be conducted next week where officials from DMCI are invited.

“So many national treasures are vanishing. I would just like to ensure that the government agencies are acting quickly,” she said. —KBK, GMA News