The man-made dolomite beach by Manila Bay was reopened to the public on Saturday, the first day the National Capital Region quarantine status was downgraded to Alert Level 3 from Alert Level 4.
Visitors went to the beach early on Saturday armed with their mobile phones with cameras, eager to see for themselves the controversial man-made attraction.
"Masaya po kasi nakakalabas na yung mga bata. Boryong boryo na sa bahay," a woman said in Katrina Son's report on "24 Oras Weekend."
(I am happy because children are now allowed to go outside. They got bored of staying at home.)
Police meanwhile were visible in the area to ensure minimum health protocols are observed.
Only 300 to 500 individuals at a time will be allowed on the beach, according to a report by Jhomer Apresto on Super Radyo dzBB.
The visitors may stay for as long as they want but the limit of 300 to 500 individuals will have to be observed. Previously, visitors could stay only for five minutes the last time the beach was opened to the public.
Visitors are not required to be vaccinated to enter the premises. They however need to wear face masks and face shields.
No food and drinks will be allowed inside.
Children will be allowed inside in accordance with Inter-Agency Task Force rules.
"This is just a soft opening, so unti-unti na nating bubuksan iyan hanggang sa dulo," said Environment Undersecretary Jonas Leones.
(This is just a soft opening, so eventually we would open the entire stretch of the dolomite beach.)
The dolomite beach will be open from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. —KG/VBL, GMA News