Acting Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police Lieutenant General Vicente Danao Jr. on Monday challenged the suspect in last week's hit-and-run incident in Mandaluyong City to surrender.
"Tsina-challenge kita, Mr. San Vicente. Ayaw mo sumurrender, tama? Isa lang sasabihin ko sa 'yo: Baka adik ka. Bakit ayaw mo sumurrender?" Danao said in Chino Gaston's report on Balitanghali.
Danao was referring to the registered owner of the SUV that was seen on a dashcam video ramming a security guard performing traffic duty.
Danao said a complaint has already been filed against the suspect. A warrant of arrest is expected to be issued within the day.
"Because no person in his right senses will do that. Nakabangga ka na nga ng tao, imbis na tulungan mo lalo mo pang sinagasaan. Anong klaseng utak 'yan? Baka gumagamit ka [ng droga] kaya ayaw mo sumurrender. Remember, the PNP already filed a case against you," Danao said.
It was not the first time the registered owner of the vehicle has faced complaints for reckless driving, according to Danao.
He expressed confusion why the SUV owner and his son — who was earlier named as the driver of the SUV during the incident — refused to submit themselves to police.
Danao also brushed off claims that the owner of the vehicle has connections in the government. —Sundy Locus/KBK, GMA News