Ten persons under police custody (PUPC) escaped from the Malibay Detention Facility in Barangay 152, Malibay, Pasay City in the early morning on Monday, the Southern Police District (SPD) said.
Based on initial investigation, three of the detainees managed to break the iron bar of the main facility. They then mauled the duty jailer and took his service firearm, cash money, and various jail keys at around 4:30 a.m.
CCTV footage caught some of the PUPCs as they were escaping the facility.
The SPD identified the fugitives as:
1. Richard Dela Cruz (Violation of RA 9165);
2. Carlo Magno Benavidez y Legaspi (Violation of RA 9165)
3. Christian Salvatierra y Samson (Violation of RA 9165)
4. Norman Deyta y Punzalan (Violation of RA 9165)
5. Joey Hernandez y Gabriel (Violation of RA 9165)
6. Eden Garcia y Rodriguez (Violation of RA 9165)
7. Tirzo Galit y Navarro (Robbery)
8. Romeo Estopa y Marasigan (Robbery)
9. John Michael Cabe y Medellin (Carnapping)
10. Joshua Panganiban (Robbery)
Different units from Pasay City Police Station are now conducting a manhunt operation for the 10 inmates.
SPD chief Police Brigadier General Kirby Kraft encouraged the public to coordinate with the nearest police station if they have information on the PUPcs.
“Maari rin po ninyo itong ireport sa mga numerong (You can also report to these numbers): 09568005277 (Globe), 09985987922 (Smart) PASAY TOC at DTOC sa numerong 09173661036,” he added. —Joviland Rita/ VAL/KBK, GMA Integrated News