Motorists have been warned that repair work on roads damaged by incessant rains will cause traffic congestion along EDSA next week, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced.
In a "24 Oras" report by Mark Salazar on Wednesday, the road repairs that will be implemented in 15 different locations are scheduled to start by 10:00 p.m. on Friday, August 4, and end by 5:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 9.
The repairs are also parts of government efforts to prepare for hosting the FIBA Basketball World Cup in Quezon City to be held later this month.
“After that naman po, mas gaganda na siguro. Kaya naman po yung paisa-isa, ilang lingo, so mag one-time, big-time tayo sa EDSA,” MMDA Chairman Atty. Romando Artes said.
The roads that will be affected will be along these areas:
- Both directions of the EDSA Busway in Caloocan
- Road along SM North Edsa to MRT Quezon Avenue station
- In front of Corinthian Gardens past Camp Aguinaldo
- In front of the BBM headquarters and near Ricoa in Mandaluyong City
- Four other areas are in Makati City, from the Guadalupe Bridge to Rockwell Kalayaan Footbridge
The MMDA advised motorists travelling from North-to-South in Metro Manila are advised to use the skyway as an alternative route while the repairs are ongoing.
There are also 11 other alternative routes along the Mabuhay lanes. These routes are posted on the MMDA website.
The MMDA will deploy additional enforcers to guide motorists during the repairs. — Jiselle Casucian/BAP, GMA Integrated News