ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

NBI arrests 2 Chinese in kidnap-for-ransom case


Operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) have arrested two Chinese nationals in connection with the kidnapping of a fellow Chinese citizen for ransom, an official said Monday.

Christopher Hernandez, chief of the NBI’s International Operations Division, said agents carried out an entrapment operation at a hotel in Quezon City last week, successfully rescuing the victim.

“As we speak, our agents are conducting follow-up operations,” Hernandez said.

He added that the victim reported there were four perpetrators.

“We are pursuing the remaining two,” he said.

Hernandez noted that the NBI already has leads on the other suspects.

The operation stemmed from a complaint filed by the victim’s partner after she went missing.

According to Hernandez, the complainant was able to reach the victim via Viber, and she confirmed that she had been kidnapped.—MCG, GMA Integrated News