ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

2 men nabbed, ₱1.02M in shabu seized in Taguig buy-bust


2 men nabbed, P1.02M in shabu seized in Taguig buy-bust

Authorities earlier this week arrested two suspects and seized P1.02 million worth of suspected shabu in an anti-narcotics operation in Barangay Santa Ana, Taguig City.

In a statement on Thursday, the Taguig City Police Station said it aided the buy-bust operation of the Southern Police District (SPD) on Tuesday that yielded the illegal drugs.

Authorities initially recovered 50 grams of suspected shabu from a 29-year-old male suspect, as well as the marked money used in the buy-bust and a blue smartphone.

A follow-up search led to the arrest of a second male suspected aged 49, who had 100 grams of suspected shabu on him.

Police said both suspects were newly identified high-value targets operating in southern Metro Manila. They are facing charges for violating Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.

Police Colonel Julius Añonuevo, Taguig City Police chief, said they will maintain close coordination with the SPD’s other units and continue intensified operations against illegal drugs.

“We will continue to strengthen our coordination with the Southern Police District and our sub-stations to ensure that illegal drugs have no place in our communities. Our personnel remain committed to proactive operations that protect the people of Taguig,” he said. — JMA, GMA Integrated News