ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

Palace denies road incident involving 'presidential son'


Malacañang on Saturday denied reports of an alleged road harassment incident involving a “presidential son” along the North Luzon Expressway earlier in the evening.

“There is no such incident involving any presidential son,” said Presidential Communications Secretary Dave Gomez in a Viber message to reporters.

Social media reports circulated that past 7:00 p.m., a three-vehicle motorcade allegedly blocked the vehicle carrying the presidential son.

The reports claimed that around 15 men, reportedly from vehicles registered in a Bulacan municipality, alighted and confronted the convoy.

The alleged harassment was said to have occurred after the presidential son’s vehicle overtook the Bulacan-registered vehicles, which allegedly occupied all three lanes of the expressway.

The NLEx is a major toll highway linking Metro Manila to Central Luzon, stretching about 84 kilometers from its southern end at the Balintawak area in Quezon City to its northern connection with the Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway in Pampanga.

Authorities have yet to provide clarification on the matter, but the Palace maintains that no such incident took place.—MCG, GMA Integrated News