ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News
Ruby Rose’s father-in-law no show at hearing
+
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.
MANILA, Philippines - Manuel Jimenez II was a no-show at the preliminary investigation into the murder charges slapped against him for the grisly murder Ruby Rose Barrameda, the sister of former beauty queen Rochelle Barrameda. QTV's noontime news program Balitanghali quoted Jimenez, Ruby Roseâs father-in-law, as saying that he did not attend the hearing because he received no subpoena. Jimenez explained that he does not have any problem with attending the hearing but proper procures must be followed. Jimenez, along with his brother Lope and five others, was charged with murder by Barramedaâs parents Robert and Asuncion. He had repeatedly denied involvement in the crime and vowed he would face the charges to prove his innocence. Other people named in the complaint were: Eric Fernandez, Spike Discalzo, Roberto Ponce a.k.a Abet, Rudy dela Cruz, and Manuel Montero, who also stands as witness for the Barramedas. Aside from the seven, the Barramedaâs had also expressed intent to include Ruby Roseâs husband, Manuel Jimenez III, in the charges. But the Jimenezesâ legal counsel, Mario Aguinaldo, dared the Barramedas to substantiate their claims by presenting solid evidence. "Pilit na sinasabi ng mga Barrameda na sangkot ang asawa. Kung may ebidensya sila, silang pamilya, e di maglabas sila ng ebidensya nila (The Barramedas were insisting the husband was involved in the crime. If they have the evidence, they better show it)," Aguinaldo said. The body of Ruby Rose was found last June 11 inside a cement-sealed drum that was fished from the bottom of Manila Bay off Navotas City. She had been missing since 2007. Montero, who confessed to the crime, said he was among the people who cemented the drum. Montero led police investigators to the location of the victimâs remains. He has also identified his supposed "accomplices." Ruby Rose was laid to rest last June 17. Her two daughters, who are currently under their father's care, did not attend her burial. Despite allegations by the Barrameda family that the Jimenez family was responsible for Ruby Roseâs grisly murder, the children chose to stay with their father. The eldest daughter of Ruby Rose said that although she misses her mother, she is happy with her life now. - Aie B. See, GMANews.TV
More Videos
Most Popular