DOJ summons slain businessman’s brother over murder raps
Prosecutors from the Department of Justice (DOJ) have ordered the brother of slain businessman Dominic Sytin to answer charges in connection with the trader's murder last year.
The prosecutors directed Dennis Sytin to appear at the DOJ on April 1 for the preliminary investigation of the murder complaint against him and two others, and to submit a counter-affidavit and witness affidavits in his defense.
Dennis is accused of ordering the killing of Dominic, the founder of United Auctioneers, last November. Dominic was shot dead in front of a hotel at the Subic Freeport Zone in Olongapo City. His security aide was wounded.
One of the suspects, Edgardo Luib, was arrested earlier this month. National police chief Police General Oscar Albayalde said the murder was caused by sibling rivalry and was carried out through a gun-for-hire contract.
The Philippine National Police also said Luib, the alleged gunman, had pointed to Dennis as the mastermind of the crime.
Dennis denied the accusation, saying he was being used to mask the identity of the real killers. — MDM, GMA News