The Philippines’ first confirmed case of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), a 38-year-old Chinese woman, has been discharged from the hospital after testing negative for the virus twice, the Department of Health (DOH) said Monday.
In a press briefing, DOH Undersecretary Eric Domingo said the woman tested negative for the 2019-nCoV for the second time last week.
“The patient was discharged on Saturday, I believe. Because the last test done on Thursday or Friday turned out negative and that was the second negative test,” Domingo said.
The patient first tested negative for the virus on February 6.
The woman and her 44-year-old male companion arrived in the Philippines from the outbreak’s epicenter of Wuhan, China through Hong Kong on January 21.
The male companion was the first 2019-nCoV death recorded outside China.
Over 300 people are currently under investigation for possible 2019-nCoV infection in the Philippines, Domingo added.
The country’s number of confirmed 2019-nCoV remained at three as of Monday noon, with the third case being a 60-year-old Chinese woman. —NB, GMA News