ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

Police preparing to turn over Glorietta 2 back to Ayalas


+
Add GMA on Google
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.

Now that it has completed its investigation and filed charges against 15 people over the Glorietta 2 blast, the Philippine National Police is preparing to turn over the mall back to its owner. Makati City police chief Sr. Supt. Gilbert Cruz said they are making final arrangements before formally turning over the mall, which was the site of a massive explosion that killed 11 people and injured more than a hundred others last October 19, back to its owner Ayala Land Inc. Police took control of the blast site immediately after the blast to ensure an unhampered progress of its investigation. “Siguro after this yung pag-turnover na lang sa Glorietta ang gagawin namin. Naisampa na ang kaso (It’s been more than two months. After this, we’ll turn it over to the owners of Glorietta. After all, the case had been filed)," he said in an interview on Q-11 television Saturday. The Makati police also gave media a guided tour of sorts at the blast site, but had media crews wear hard hats and face masks during the tour. Media toured the basement, where the diesel and septic tanks were located. - GMANews.TV