Filtered By: Topstories

Immigrants with expired registration cards can still enter Philippines — BI

Foreigners holding immigrant or permanent resident visas but whose alien certificate of registration identity cards (ACR I-Card) have expired can still travel to the Philippines provided they have valid reentry permits (RPs).

In a statement on Tuesday, BI port operations chief Carlos Capulong reiterated the directive of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente to allow the entry of alien immigrants with expired ACR I-Cards.

“We are still besieged with queries as to whether these aliens who are permanent residents and immigrants with expired I-Cards can go back to the Philippines.  They can do so as long as they can present their valid RPs,” Capulong said.

As for foreigners whose reentry permits and special return certificates have expired, Capulong said they may renew the same upon arriving at the airport before immigration clearance.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra earlier issued a directive allowing aliens with expired reentry permits and special return certificates to extend and pay their fees at the airport. — Virgil Lopez/RSJ, GMA News