PNP: No confirmed looting in Siargao, Dinagat after typhoon
The Philippine National Police-Caraga said Friday that there is no confirmed incident of looting in Siargao, and Dinagat Islands after the onslaught of Typhoon Odette.
Interviewed on Dobol B TV, PNP-Caraga Public Information Office chief Police Major Dorothy Tumulak said that their personnel have been deployed to devastated areas to verify reports on supposed looting.
“So far, wala pa naman pong confirmed. May mga sabi-sabi, mga information kaya agad pinuntahan, vini-verify ng ating mga PNP personnel sa lugar,” she said.
(So far, no report on looting has been confirmed. There were hearsay and information so our PNP personnel immediately went there to verify.)
According to Tumulak, more PNP personnel were deployed in affected areas to maintain peace and security amid the aftermath of Odette.
Earlier, Bohol Governor Arthur Yap raised the alarm on possible looting incidents in areas that were affected by the typhoon as he appealed for help from the national government.
“If the DSWD cannot give us financial support right now...Mr. President, I don't know how to reach you... Please send troops and police kung hindi kayo magpapadala ng pera para sa pagkain. Magpadala kayo ng sundalo, magpadala kayo ng pulis, dahil kung hindi, maglu-looting po rito," he said.
(Please send troops and police if you will not be able to send money for food to avoid looting.) —LBG, GMA News