CARLES, Iloilo—Aksyon Demokratiko standard bearer and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko” Moreno on Monday said he fully respects the decision of Maguindanao Governor Toto Mangudadatu to endorse another presidential candidate.
Mangudadatu and his family hosted Moreno and his senatorial slate when he visited Mindanao in February for campaign activities. The family pushed for the Moreno-Duterte tandem.
“I fully support and understand him. That’s how you understand your people. People change their mind. In the likes of what we’re doing right now, baka mag bago ang isip ng iba (some might change their mind),” Moreno said in an ambush interview here.
“Sabi ko nga sa inyo, matigas man ang bulalo, lalambot din ito,” he added.
Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao Chief Minister Ahod Balawag “Murad” Ebrahim and his United Bangsamoro Justice Party endorsed the presidential bid of Vice President Leni Robredo on her birthday.
Asked if he was informed of the endorsement ahead of time, Moreno said, “yes.”
“Disenteng mama ‘yun eh. Mga disente ‘yun eh,” he said.
The Manila mayor refused to disclose the reason given by Mangudadatu.
“Ano lang, it’s between us, and I fully respect. That’s how you look at your people. You understand your people,” he said.
No Tondo permit
Meanwhile, Moreno also denied allegations that another presidential candidate was not given a permit to hold campaign activities in Tondo, Manila.
“Pag ‘yang mga matapobre na ‘yan na pink, hindi ko ‘yan titigilan kasi kapag nagsisinungaling sila. Ano ‘yung sinabi nila sa Tondo? ‘Yung nilangaw sila, wala permit?” the Manila mayor said.
“Sa Maynila hindi kailangan ng permit. So pagka pinanganak sinungaling, hanggang tumanda sinungaling pa din. Ganyan talaga ‘yan. Since birth,” he added.
Moreno has previously said that all candidates are welcome in Manila and that permits are not needed.—AOL, GMA News